Bus-In Shows(it's called the THE SCIENCE OF ECOLOGY SHOW - STARRING STEVE TRASH)
THE SCIENCE OF ECOLOGY SHOW - STARRING STEVE TRASH
Bus In Show for Performing Arts Venues
AUDIENCE TARGET AGE
Primary School Kids (ages 5 years to 12 years)
500-1500 kids in theater seating with theatrical lighting
Specifically tailored to the educational school audience, this show is an excellent blend of eco-entertainment and eco-education. Featuring curriculum based study guides that relate directly to the content of the show, and awesome green themed magic tricks created by the Rockin' Eco Hero himself - Steve Trash®.
ECO-LEARNING FROM THE SHOW
- Kids learn how they can use the magic words Reduce Reuse Recycle to make their garbage disappear.
- Kids will learn why trash is a natural resource.
- Kids will learn what the water cycle is and how it works.
- Kids will learn why littering is a bad idea.
- Kids will learn that there is 'no away' in nature.
- Kids will learn what things are recyclable.
- Kids will learn that everything in nature is connected.
- Kids will have fun and be amazed.
LEARNING SUPPORT MATERIALS
- STANDARDS BY STATE LIST
- Excellent downloadable pdf STUDY GUIDES that correlate to the eco-educational show content.
- Excellent downloadable eco-educational VIDEOS that correlate to the show content.
- Brochure Artwork Template (to be used to promote the THE SCIENCE OF ECOLOGY SHOW - STARRING STEVE TRASH to your area schools)
WHY BRING YOUR STUDENTS TO THIS SHOW:
- Show is 55 minutes long.
- Show requires 2 hours to load in.
- Show requires 2 hours to load out.
- Show requires (1) local sound and (1) local light tech
- Show travels with (1) Tech and (1) Rockin' Eco Hero - Steve Trash®
WHAT PEOPLE SAY . . .
"We asked Steve Trash to come and be the opener for Super Science Week at Greystone Elementary because we thought he would excite the kids and get them ready for a week of science fun. However, we got so much more than what we expected. Not only was Steve hilarious and educational, he gave the students a beginning understanding that science is the study of the natural world around us and that magic is where you seem to defy the laws of science, but we all know we canít! This knowledge helped with the experiments done later in the week when the kids remembered it was impossible to go against the laws of science and then began to investigate the reasons the trick worked.
The students raved about him saying:
"He was so cool!"
"He was amazing!"
"He was hilarious!"
"We loved his tricks!"
"We had no idea that you can recycle and be able to buy that same material again as something else."
I would recommend Steve Trash to any school who would like to inspire children to love scientific learning! He does just that in the coolest of ways."
"This season, two of our most successful outreach presentations were performances at two different schools by Rockin' Eco Hero Steve Trash. Although we increased his carbon footprint by booking him into schools at both ends of the county, the students at each school responded resoundingly to Mr. Trash's message of recycling and care for the planet. A performer whose energy easily matches that of his young audiences, Mr. Trash was unerringly generous - staying to talk to and sign autographs for children after each show. Although his school shows did not include the flash and dazzle of the fully-staged performance given the previous day at the Performing Arts Center (also to a sold-out and responsive audience), his accessibility and the ease with which he was able to fit himself into two very different performance spaces personalized the experiences for each group of children, so that they were completely captivated. Should Mr Trash find himself on the West Coast again, Cal Poly Arts would not hesitate to engage him again to bring his message to our local schools."
"The kids thought Steve was a Rock Star!"
"Bravo! Your message was wonderful and perfect for the students. Your presentation was outstanding and delightful."
"They loved it! They thought that you were sooo cool!!! A great kick-off for our unit on the environment!"
"Wonderful presention. Very positive, upbeat presenter. Fantastic program. Best one we've ever had."
"I enjoyed your show. I learned that we should reduce, reuse, recycle from now on. I was very impressed with your magic. Thank you. I enjoyed every bit! Your Eco-Buddy"
Many of Steve's educational shows have been locally sponsored events.
Past local sponsors include:
- Okaloosa Recycles
- Alfa Insurance
- Keep America Beautiful - Davenport, Iowa
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- BFI Waste Haulers
- Pepsi Cola
- Birmingham Recycles!
- Madison County Water Festival
- Cousins Subs
- Waste Commission of Scott County - Iowa
- Ciba Corporation
- Waste Management Inc.
- Keep America Beautiful - Lexington, Nebraska
- Tate & Lyle Corporation
- Kansas Dept. Health & Environment
- Bluestem Solid Waste Agency
- City Carton Recycling
- Cedar River Paper
- Keep America Beautiful - Orlando, Florida
- Waste Watchers - Missouri
- Sarasota County
- Keep Palm Beach Beautiful And many others.
To book the THE SCIENCE OF ECOLOGY SHOW - STARRING STEVE TRASH for Performing Arts Market, please contact Jerry Ross at Harmony Artists - 323-655-5007 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.